This article is an unfinished work in progress or contains transferred information that needs to be rewritten or reformatted to fit our standards. Please excuse the mess and do not mark for deletion.
LEGO Island is a 1997 action-adventure video game developed and published by Mindscape. It was released for Microsoft Windows on September 26, 1997 worldwide, and December 18, 1997 in Japan. It was the first 3D LEGO video game and the second officially-licensed LEGO game ever released.
LEGO Island allows the player to play as five unique characters, who all have different interactions with other islanders and can customize the world around them in distinct ways. According to the instruction manual, they are all based on research from Harvard on the theory of multiple intelligences, with each character representing a different type of intelligence.
- Mama Brickolini (voiced by June Foray) - She has musical intelligence, but is nearsighted.
- Papa Brickolini (voiced by Ralph Peduto[n 1]) - He has kinesthetic intelligence, but can't sing.
- Pepper Roni (voiced by John Morris) - He has mathematical intelligence, but can't spell or read well.
- Nick Brick (voiced by Fred Raker) - He has spatial intelligence, but no sense of smell.
- Laura Brick (voiced by Erin-Kate Whitcomb) - She has interpersonal intelligence, but is unable to count.
There are also two other main characters who are not playable:
- The Infomaniac (voiced by Patrick Hagan) - The eccentric old creator of LEGO Island. He greets the player at the start of the game and acts as a guide throughout it. He can be found in the Information Center, though at certain points he appears on the island to inform the player about something. He has linguistic intelligence.
- The Brickster (voiced by David Lander) - A rude and destructive prisoner who serves as the main antagonist. He was once the Infomaniac's friend, but now he wants to destroy LEGO Island and take all of its bricks for himself. He can be found in his jail cell, where he plots his escape. He has intrapersonal intelligence.
Minimum System Requirements
- Computer: Windows 95
- CPU: Pentium 120 MHz MMX
- Hard Drive: 20 MB uncompressed hard drive space
- Memory: 16 MB RAM
- Video: unknown
- Resolution: SVGA 640x480 resolution, 256 colors or higher
- CD-ROM: 4X speed CD-ROM
- Sound Card: unknown
- Input Device: Compatible mouse and keyboard (Serial/PS2 or USB)
- Joystick/Gamepad: Not used
In other languages
|Danish Dansk||Panik på LEGO Øen||Panic on LEGO Island|
|French Français||Aventures sur L'île LEGO||Adventures on LEGO Island|
|German Deutsch||Abenteuer auf der LEGO Insel||Adventure on the LEGO Island|
Rego Airando no Daibōken
|LEGO Island Adventures|
|Translation of English name|
|Portuguese Português||A Ilha LEGO||Translation of English name|
|Translation of English name|
|Spanish Español||La Isla LEGO||Translation of English name|
- Credited as Ralph Pedusto
- Mindscape, Inc. (1997). LEGO Island Volume 1 Issue 1 Number 1 - A Totally Wacky But Very Helpful Instruction Manual. p. 21